Socorro Gomes, President of the World Peace Council
With deep sorrow and sadness, we received the news on the passing, this Friday, 25th of November, 2016, of the Commander in Chief of the Cuban Revolution and hero of the peoples struggling for sovereignty, justice and peace, comrade Fidel Castro Ruz.
The World Peace Council expresses its sorrow for the loss of the great fighter for humanity and also reaffirms its conviction and commitment with the peoples' noblest principles, defended by Commander Fidel, fuelled with the strength of his inspiration and the courage of his struggle. We also express our solidarity with our Cuban friend organizations, the Cuban Movement for Peace and the Peoples' Sovereignty (MOVPAZ), a WPC member, and the Cuban Institute for Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP).
Fidel has dedicated his life to defend Cuba's popular and national sovereignty, the friendly peoples and the humanity, the de-colonization and the revolution, against the militarization, the foreign interferences and wars, facing the most aggressive power in the planet, the imperialism rooted in the hegemonic world order and numerous attempts at destabilization and the Revolution's destruction.
He has also defeated almost 600 attempts against his own life by the agents of the US intelligence services, who trembled before the revolution's power to face the system of domination, exploitation, threats and terror on which imperialism is sustained.
This year, among Fidel's cherished texts, we read about his conviction on the Cuban people's victory, in his speech at the 7th Congress, when Fidel said: "We will take the march forward and will perfect what we must perfect, with meridian loyalty and united strength, like Martí, Maceo and Gómez, in an unstoppable march."
With him we also remembered that "peace has been the golden dream and the desire of all peoples in each moment of History", and that "to struggle for peace is the holiest duty of all human beings, whatever their religion of homeland, the colour of their skin, their adult or young age."
The nation friend of the peoples, the Cuban people, mourns the Revolution's Commander in Chief, and with the people we grieve. But with Fidel's lessons, we know that we must continue forward, strong and resisting, while we build a world of social justice, national sovereignty, peace and friendship for which we have always fought, inspired by him and other brave heroes.
Together, the peoples can defeat imperialism and build a world of cooperation, justice and peace.
Hasta siempre, comandante!
President of the World Peace Council
- WPC on the demise of the Commander in Chief Fidel Castro
- Statement of the World Peace Council (WPC)
- CHOKEHOLD ON RUSSIA AND CHINA
- NOBEL laureate Harold Pinter proves KOSOVO is SERBIA!
- Congratulations Greeks
- Письмо поддержки
- A letter from Mrs. Socorro Gomes
- Fifteen Years of Belgrade forum
- Victory for new relations in Europe
- The Great War of 1914-1918 – Messages to the Humanity
- WHAT DOES DR. ANGELA MERKEL'S VISIT TO BELGRADE BRING?
- Statement concerning the latest violent events in Venezuela
- 15th ANNIVERSARY OF NATO AGGRESSION AGAINST YUGOSLAVIA (SERBIA AND MONTENEGRO)
- IRAKLIS TSAVDARIDIS - EXECUTIVE SECRETARY OF WORLD PEACE COUNCIL VISITS BELGRADE FORUM
- Statement on Developments regarding Syria
- Communiqué of the Secretariat Meeting of WPC, 31st May-1st June 2013 Lisbon
- ABOUT MASS DEMONSTRATIONS IN TURKEY
- WPC Statement on the recent bomb explosions in Reyhanli/Turkey
- Final Communiqué of the Conference “Peoples Want Peace”
- STATEMENT by H.E. MR. TOMISLAV NIKOLIĆ - PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF SERBIA
- “WE REMEMBER, AND YOU?” - NATO aggression, 14 years after
- condolence on the death of Hugo Chavez
- CONGRATULATIONS TO PETER HANDKE, Writer,Academician of SANU
- THE PEACE OF TODAY IS ENDANGERED BY THE GLOBAL CRISIS, POVERTY AND VIOLATION OF THE INTERNATIONAL LAW
- NATO’S "HUMANITARIAN INTERVENTIONS"
- Commemoratiev events on the 13th anyverssary of the NATO aggression
- Telegram of support from Dick Marty
- Meeting of the peace movements from the Balkans and the Middle east in Chania, Crete
- Serbia and NATO - Roundtable - 23 March 2011
- Immediately stop external armed assault on Libya !
- Solidarity with Cyprus Peace Movement
- Russian honorary medal for the Belgrade forum’s president
- Un mondo senza nazismo - di Zivadin Jovanovic
- No to rewriting the history - by Živadin Jovanović
- Kosovo the prime cause of instability in the Balkans - by Živadin Jovanović
- Grande jornada de luta: povo português contra a NATO
- NATO “New Concept” 11 Years Old - Peace Messenger 5 (WPC)
- Peace yes, NATO no! - Focal points of the new NATO strategy
- NATO Meets to Plan Expansion, Repression and Future Wars
- The new address of the Belgrade forum for the world of equals
- L’attaque terroriste dans le secteur nord de Kosovska Mitrovica
- Condemnation of terrorist attack in Kosovska Mitrovica in Serbia
- The Balkan in 2020: region of crisis or peace
- Ten years of Belgrade forum for the world of equals
- Media Fabrications: The "Srebrenica Massacre” is a Western Myth
- Guilty of the past… or for the future? - by Diana Johnstone
- Six Sources of the Srebrenica Legend - by George Pumphrey
- Speaking to representatives of the Belgrade Forum international border - Symposium in Lisbon, held on 31.1.2010.
- Serbia – NATO - by Živadin Jovanović
- War of global goals - by Živadin Jovanović
- The Belgrade forum summing up 2009 - by Živadin Jovanović
- Observance of law, or global kosovization
- Statement on the Round table, 8.12.09.
- L'Otan du Kosovo à l'Afghanistan : guerres sans frontières - by Diana Johnstone
- New European Security System - by Živadin Jovanović
- NATO’s attack on Serbia the ultimate crime against peace
- New European Security System
- Ten years ago NATO killed ten pedestrains in Varvarin - Serbia
- Greek Committee for International Detante and Peace (EEDYE) - Athens
- Nato to be desolved, Hag tribunal closed!
- To international conference on militarization in Europe - Kiev
|Overstatement from Davos 2017.|
Liberal corporative capitalism, for reasons of lowering traveling costs, proposed not to travel to history alone but packed togather with NATO, EU and unipollar World Order.
Workers participation has good chances to step in provisionally, buying time for full scale workers selfmanagment.